Canada’s Graph Blockchain is to acquire fellow Canadian company Shroom Street Limited, a psychedelic focused brand that is developing a psychedelic truffle e-commerce marketplace, psychedelic lifestyle brand, and media company that covers the latest developments in psychedelic science, activism and investing, for an aggregate purchase price of $1,000,000 CAD payable through the issuance of common shares in the capital of the Company at a deemed price of $0.05 per share.
“Implementing our private blockchain solutions into Shroom Street’s online marketplace will ensure the integrity and security of all transactions on the company’s e-commerce marketplace. The growth of the Cannabis industry has been staggering and the investors who were early enough profited greatly. Investing in medicinal mushrooms in 2019 is looking to generate returns like those experienced in Cannabis 6-7 years ago and we are excited to be a part of it,” says Jeffrey Stevens, Interim CEO of Graph Blockchain.
The Proposed Acquisition is the result of the formal review announced on September 18th, 2019 whereby management and the board of directors set out to identify strategic initiatives that could complement the company’s blockchain technology in new verticals that create shareholder value.
Jeremy Prinsen of Shroom Street commented:
“I am thrilled to join Graph and am looking forward to implementing their technology to ensure we build a trusted and profitable business in the psychedelic industry.”
Shroom Street’s most distinctive strengths are its first-mover advantage and its connections to leading experts and product suppliers in the psychedelic industry. Graph Blockchain’s acquisition of the company is an ideal fit as there is a pressing need for product tracking when it comes down to selling mushrooms containing psilocybin.
Due to the strict regulations for these types of products around the world online sales of these products can prove difficult as substances containing psilocybin are currently legal only in Brazil, Jamaica, Netherlands and Samoa. Real-time visibility, verification and transparency of the supply chain can be achieved utilizing Graph Blockchain’s technology protecting consumers and the company from risk. Shroom Street plans to sell its products in all legal jurisdictions and is planning an official launch their website in early December.
The closing date for the Proposed Acquisition is on or around December 31st, 2019 and is subject to the Company and Shroom entering into a definitive agreement, receipt of regulatory approval, the approval of the shareholders of Shroom and customary closing conditions. A finder’s fee of 10% of the transaction is payable in shares on closing.
Graph Blockchain develops leading-edge private blockchain business intelligence and data management solutions. Graph leverages its proprietary integration of the AgensGraph Database engine with Hyperledger Fabric to create a transparent and immutable ledger with near real-time transactional data processing and intuitive data visualization.
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market – November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down – November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System – November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry – November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. – November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto – November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million – November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? – November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry – November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos – November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries – November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects – November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity – November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy – November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community – November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 – November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time – November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In – November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International – November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry – November 4, 2019
View All Articles
Credit Source link